Are you spending today getting ready for a school Valentine’s party? Why not impress your kids and try your hand at cake pops?
Valentine’s Cake Pops Recipe
- any type of cake mix that makes a 9×13 cake (I used chocolate)
- any type of icing
- melting candies
- vegetable oil
- sprinkles optional
1. Make cake according to package. Once completely cooled, crumble cake and mix with about 2/3 a container of icing, until mix is sticky and will hold together.
2. Line a pan with wax paper. I pressed the mix into a small heart shaped cookie cutter, then placed the heart on the wax paper or on cake pop stick then on the wax paper.
3. Once all the hearts are shaped, freeze for 20 minutes or leave in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Place melting candies in a microwaveable bowl and heat according to package. Mix about 3 tbsp oil in an entire bag of melting candies. Once all melted and mixed, dip each heart into the candies and place on a cake pop holder on back on wax paper.
5. Let the candies re-harden. Enjoy!
Have you tried making Cake Pops?
Find more Valentine’s Recipes and fun at Valentine’s in Lake County.