** UPDATE: Receive a discounted entry when you purchase through Goldstar. ****
It’s not a Rave. It’s not a Bath. But it might resemble something your toddler created. It’s Bubble Palooza Chicago – foamy fun and fitness for you and your family!
What better way to encourage your family to be active (and yourself for that matter) than a 3-mile course (run or walk) of being blasted by waves of multi-colored bubbles! On Saturday, July 5th, “The Bubbliest Celebration of Survivorship the Planet Has Ever Seen” makes its way to the Lake County Fairgrounds and invites you and your family to join the party.
Early registration discounts are available NOW until March 31st. Additionally, children 7 and under and volunteers run for FREE. Register 4 or more participants and get the team discount. If “survivorship” holds special meaning for you, you may wish to raise funds for The American Diabetes Association or for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
When: Saturday, July 5, 2014 – first wave at 10am, waves released every 5 minutes
Where: Lake County Fairgrounds, 1060 E. Peterson Rd., Libertyville
Individual $40 early registration/$43 starting April 1st/$45 starting May 1st
Team of 4 or more: $35 early registration/$38 starting April 1st/$40 starting May 1st
Visit Bubble Palooza online for complete information.
Here’s a heads up of fast facts and tips our readers will want to know:
- The chemically-conscious will be curious as to what’s in those bubbles. According to the event website: “The bubble formula we use is a non-toxic, non-rash-inducing, safe, hypoallergenic formula that is colored by FDA approved food coloring. The powder that is used is basically food grade cornstarch and is 100% natural and safe. As with anything, you will want to avoid from getting the powder in your eyes or mouth.”
- *In addition to your registration fee, you will be assessed a $3.89 Insurance & Foam Contribution Fee when registering online. $5 will be assessed for onsite registration.
- *Bring cash for parking and food vendors afterwards. Parking is $10 (exact change please) and you’ll want to stow your cash and other valuables in a zip-lock bag.
- Bandanas, towels, and trash bags will be your lifeline to wipe bubbles out of your eyes while you run, clean yourself off and keep the car seats from getting stained afterwards.
- Strollers and walkers are welcome! Be prepared to navigate unpaved paths and for your stroller to get colorful as well.
Check out the Event FAQ if you have more questions or email support[at]bubblepalooza[dot]com
Disclosure: Some links provided in this story are affiliate links. A small percentage of purchases made through those links are earned and used to cover the expense of running the site. Thank you for clicking!