MADE in Lake County is part of a paid partnership.
The date has been picked, the theme chosen, and the invitations are being printed. You’re planning that long-awaited outdoor graduation party, birthday party or family reunion–and it’s going to be a hit. But what about entertainment? You want someone who can really keep the party rolling, and make the event unforgettable. But what should you know in advance? Bob Welninski of Soundwave Entertainment shares his expert tips for planning outdoor party entertainment.
Expert Tips for Outdoor Party Entertainment
1. Entertainment budget. When you budget for your party, plan a budget line item for entertainment. An adequate budget is largely overlooked when planning an event. Music and activities make events special and memorable.
2. Permits. If you are planning on hosting an outdoor event, be sure to find out in advance if you need any special permits for the party. Certain areas and venues require a noise permit for entertainment. Some areas also restrict the times of day outdoor entertainment is allowed.
3. Electricity. Entertainment requires electricity, and outlets that are not too far away from the stage area. Entertainers also need to be able to access the party area easily with equipment.
4. Shelter. Be sure to plan for shelter from the elements. Even if your entertainment is going to be outside, there needs to be shade from the sun and heat, expecially since entertainment systems are run from a computer. Plan to have a backup venue if there is rain or excessive wind.
5. Lighting. If your event will extend into the dark hours of the evening, plan appropriate lighting for your event. Keep your entertainer, and your guests safe. And don’t forget to purchase insect repellent, as lights attract bugs.
6. Activities and playlist. Make plans in advance with your entertainer for a playlist and the types of activities that will be provided at the party. Do you want an interactive entertainer to emcee the event or one that works only from a pre-arranged playlist? Is the entertainer going to host any games or activities?
7. Comfort. Your entertainer will need access to water throughout the event, and a snack or meal is always appreciated. Most party-planners include the entertainment in the head count for food.
Keep these tips in mind as you plan your next outdoor party with entertainment. You’ll be glad you did! And be sure to check out Soundwave Entertainment in Fox Lake, and take advantage of the special offer exclusively for Little Lake County readers.
P.O Box 602, Fox Lake | (847) 973-9479
Soundwave Entertainment is offering Little Lake County readers $50 off an entertainment booking if they mention Little Lake County.
Disclosure: Soundwave Entertainment is our featured Locally Grown Business of the Month. This series of features is part of a paid partnership with Little Lake County. Contact littlelakecounty[at]gmail[dot]com if you are interested in featuring your own locally-owned business in our series.