Enjoy free programs every first and third Thursday evening at the Dunn Museum. Experience the Dunn Museum after hours to learn more about your local history and environment, engage in hands-on programs, and expand your curiosity. Come discover the possibilities the museum has for all ages!
Proudly sponsored by:
- September 5: Travel through time on this interactive, hands on, sensory-based family tour throughout the Dunn Museum’s exhibits.
- September 19: ADULTS: Learn about our efforts to eliminate buckthorn. Experts will share tips for removing this invasive species and suggest great replacement plants. Let us inspire you to join the movement toward a healthier Lake County.
- October 3: Families with children 12 and under – Drop-in and learn about animals that come out at night and make a craft to take home.
- October 17: ADULTS – Come learn about one of America’s first dinosaur discoveries, Dryptosaurus. See the life-sized flesh-reconstruction of the predator and hear all about the process from the artist, Tyler Keillor, who created it.
- November 7: ADULTS Clean your house and help the planet. Come make safe and effective eco-friendly cleaning products. Learn the best alternatives to commercial cleaning products and what ingredients are environmentally safe.
- November 21: All Ages Hear a combination of ancient legends, myths, folktales, and personal tales from North, Central and South America in this engaging musical and movement performance from storyteller Jasmin Cardenas.