Dance Academy of Libertyville is a Little Lake County Partner, this story is part of their paid sponsorship.
Though it seems like summer may not actually happen this year, another exciting summer of dance camp is ready to roll-out come June, even if Mother Nature has other ideas! Dance Academy of Libertyville Dance Camps has LOTS of incredible options for children of all ages with varying dance interests. Whether your dancer is well-versed in many disciplines, brand-new to technical dance, or is looking to add or fine-tune some skills, Dance Academy of Libertyville is the perfect place. These week-long camps involve so much more than just dance–they teach leadership, confidence, and imagination through dance and crafting, all in a creative and nurturing environment.
Dance Academy of Libertyville Dance Camps
For ages 3-6 (entering 1st Grade) there are various fun four- and five-day camps available from 9:30-11:30 a.m.:
- June 18-21 Snow White (4 days, $130)
- June 25-28 12 Dancing Princesses (4 days, $130)
- July 9-12 Shimmer & Shine and Magical Unicorns (4 days, $130)
- July 16-20 Wizard of Oz (5 days, $160)
- July 23-27 Mary Poppins (5 days, $160)
- July 30-August 3, The Princess and the Pea Musical Theatre Camp (5 days, $160)
During these camps, children will learn a dance and perform for family and friends at the end of camp.
For dancers entering 2nd to entering 6th grade, there are two exciting five-day camps to choose:
- June 25-29: The popular “So We Think You Can Dance” camp teaches dancers ballet, jazz, hip hop, lyrical and Acro. Not only will their dance moves soar, but they will develop teamwork and artistic skills as they coordinate a performance along with costumes, crafts, a photo shoot, games and a pizza party. This camp goes from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. and tuition is $350.
- New in 2018, the “DANCELETE camp runs from July 30 -August 3, 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.Dancers are some of the best athletes around, and this camp is a great way to cross-train in many different and fun disciplines such as yoga, contemporary, floorwork, Acro, hip hop, jazz and even test out ninja skills with a field trip to Ultimate Ninja (walking distance). This camp is split into two groups depending on grade level. Group A: 2nd-4th Grade and Group B:5th-8th Grade. Tuition is $220 for either group.
In addition to camps, be sure to check out the summer class schedule and/or bring your tiny dancers (ages 2.5-5 years) to a class for FREE! On July 14 and August 18 from 10:30-12:00 p.m., tour the facility, meet the faculty, and try a class. Also on July 14, for grades 1-4, you can try one class or all for FREE! Ballet 10:00-10:30 a.m., Jazz 10:30-11:00 a.m., Tap 11:00-11:30 a.m. or Hip Hop 11:30-12:00 p.m.
Dance Academy of Libertyville is a paid advertiser for Little Lake County, this story is part of their partnership.