With a calendar full of so many great activities, how do you decide which ones are worth putting on the calendar in pen? Well we’re here to help with our monthly feature, the Little Lake County Top Ten – Ten Must-Do Events in Lake County this month. Here are our picks for Must-Do Events for Families this March.
March is Top 10 is presented by Precious Lambs Preschool hosting a community Family Fun Day on March 4, 2017. Families can enjoy a free magic show, raffles, games, auction and lunch.
You don’t have to rely on luck for family fun this month! Here are our picks for guaranteed family fun in Lake County.
Must-do March Events for Families in Lake County
Events are listed in no particular order, follow the links for more information.
- Take a trip to China, no passport required at the final stop in our Winter Playdate Series: Around the World in 4 Playdates. March 6
- Wear green and will save you from more than a pinch, it will save you $2 at Bella’s Bouncies Open Bounce St. Patrick’s Day Party! March 17 & 18
- Help build Lake County’s Children’s Museum! Visit Hippo Campus for their First Friday Event and a portion of your admission will be donated to Busy Brains. March 3
- While the weather can give you four seasons in one week, Precious Lambs intends to give you four seasons of fun – all dry and inside! Admission is FREE for the magic show additional events with nominal fees include pizza lunch, kids games, raffles and silent auction. March 4
- Learn to paint with your children on Fridays in March. Pediatric Interactions and Characters of Character will present four different Mommy & Me paintings at their McHenry office for only $10 per pair.
- Take in a classic fairytale at Ballet Theater of Illinois presentation of Swan Lake. Tickets are only $15 and performances are held at Libertyville High School March 11 & 12
- The luck of the Irish will march through Lake Villa at the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade March 11.
- Plan a date night (we have some ideas) while your kids partake in the Ultimate Undernighter at the Lake County JCC. Food, fun and activities only $18 per child. March 18
- Experience the full array of talent at Dancenter North’s Earth Song – the spring Showcase of all their companies including DCN Singers, DCN Urban Squad Company and more. Tickets available now, performance is March 18, at Libertyville High School.
- Take a hike through Ryerson Woods and learn how Maple syrup is made at one of the LCFPD Maple Syrup Hikes. Dates and times vary and almost always fill-up so register today!
What’s on your must-do list this month? Share it in the comments!
Precious Lambs Preschool is hosting their annual Family Fun Day this coming Saturday, March 4 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Don’t let the size of the school or that it’s in a church fool you, this is not a homemade carnival!
Each year they have close to 200 items donated my local business as well as family and friends of the school. Prizes range from small gift baskets of food or gifts, to sports tickets, birthday parties, and vacations. Yes vacations! Like a week on a private Island in the Florida Keys and overnights in the Dells. This year they have two separate Cubs baskets that include tickets to the Cubs vs. Brewers.
The event is open to the community and includes a FREE magic show, kids raffle ($1/ticket or 6 for $5), premium raffle, a wine pull, silent auction, and lunch. All children ages 10 and under are invited to play games and earn prizes, everyone will go home a winner!
Precious Lambs Preschool– Family Fun Day
Saturday March 4
Doors open at 11:30 a.m., Magic show at 1:00 p.m.
Raffle ends and auction check out at 2:30 p.m.
Shepard of the Lakes Church, 285 E. Washington St., Grayslake
Contact the director Sarah Lanaham at 847-223-1788 for more information
Disclosure: Some events listed feature Little Lake County advertising partners.