No school tomorrow? No Problem! We have the guide to FREE and Cheap fun for school aged kids in Lake County.
As always, we do our best to be accurate but be sure to check the listings before heading out.
Free Events for Presidents Day in Lake County
- Drop-in Crafts Barrington Area Library 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Kids President Day Activity at Mariano’s in Vernon Hills, Lake Zurich, Buffalo Grove, and Gurnee 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Family Drop-in Storytime, Warren-Newport Public Library Gurnee, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- School Closed? The Museum is Open! Raupp Museum Buffalo Grove, Activity: Felt Flag 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Family Storytime Barrington Area Library 1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Tales of Mount Olympus, Ela Area Library Lake Zurich, American Eagle Productions presents an exciting musical journey to Mount Olympus. Meet Zeus and the rest of the ancient Greek Gods and Goddesses and hear their intriguing stories. 1:30 – 2:45 p.m.
- Movie Matinee: The LEGO Movie Warren-Newport Public Library Gurnee 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Playdate with Nature, Lakewood Forest Preserve Wauconda, Move your kids outdoors for unstructured seasonal play activities, proven to e healthy and beneficial to children of all ages. 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- The Brothers Grimm, Barrington Area Library, Calling all fairytale fans! Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm share four of their favorite tales in this funny, high energy show the whole family will love. 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Cheap Presidents Day Activities in Lake County
Lake County Discovery Museum
27277 North Forest Preserve Road, Wauconda
President Day Celebration: Free with regular museum admission. Spend your day off from school at the Museum for a variety of hands-on activities, crafts, stories and more. 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Just for Fun 2 Roller Rink
139 N. Seymour Ave., Mundelein OR 914 N. Front St. (Rt. 31), McHenry
Both rinks will be open 12:30 – 2:3o p.m. with $6 admission and $3 skate rental. no Groupon or free passes accepted today.
880 Lakeside Dr., Gurnee
Jump all day for $15. Bring your Grippy Socks or purchase socks for $3. Opens at 10:00 a.m.