It’s time once again for the fourth Annual Busy Brains Fall Festival on Sunday October 22 in Lehmann Park in Lake Villa. This is a fundraiser to open the doors of the first children’s museum in Lake County.
- Hoof, Woof, Meow activity;
- Carnival Games;
- Obstacle Course;
- Tractor Activities; and
- Vendors and food and drink sales.
Little Lake County is coming with some fun new animal-themed games and activities. We will also have some of our Kindness Begins with Me t-shirts for sale ($10 adults $5 for children) and all funds will be donated to Busy Brains Children’s Museum. But that’s not all! Thanks to our friends at Britax we have a brand new B-Ready Stroller ($499 value) to send home with someone who comes!
Anyone who comes to the festival can enter to win at the Little Lake County booth and we will draw a winner at 3:30 p.m. An afternoon of family fun and a chance to win one of the best strollers on the market? I’m sold, but if you need more reasons to come:
- Busy Brains will collecting items for local animal shelters (which also gets you a discounted admission);
- Kids can participate in a build an animal costume contest with prizes from vendors;
- Busy Brains will of course have their fun traveling exhibits set up in the park for hands-on fun;
- Our friends from Hippo Campus and Tiny Treasures Preschool will be on site with fun activities;
- Enjoy special appearances from some of your favorite princesses; and
- Face Painting.
Busy Brains Children’s Museum was founded in 2004 and has served area families with traveling exhibitions. They’ve been at many Little Lake County events, including our 2016 and 2017 playground tours. In 2013, the museum received a donation of a building and property in downtown Lake Villa, and the museum plans to open its doors after it raises the funds to renovate the building and establish an operating budget. Busy Brains Children’s Museum is a member of the Association of Children’s Museums, Illinois Association of Museums, and the Lindenhurst/Lake Villa Chamber of Commerce.
Bring your friends and family out to the park to enjoy the fall weather and thoughtful play with Busy Brains and Little Lake County! Support Busy Brains Children’s Museum and the Hoof, Woof, Meow Animal Rescue, and stay for the fun. We hope to see you there.
Busy Brains 4th Annual Fall Family Festival
October 22, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
148 Cedar Ave, Lake Villa
Tickets are $7 per family, $5 with a donation for the animal shelter