If you are a child of the 80’s, 2016 has not been kind to those stars that were mainstays of your youth. If it’s starting to make you feel a little aged, tired, and dare I say, “motivated” in 2017 we have just the thing for you.
Little Lake County and Advocate Condell Medical Center invite you and your friends to flashback with us to a time where all we had to worry about is when we could pick up the new Teen Beat and if our bangs were tall enough. Join us as we relive the days when Richard Simmons was King and Jane Fonda was Queen (neon spandex strongly encouraged!)
You and your friends will have the chance to “get physical” and enjoy the workout crazes of the not-so-distant past:
- Day-Glo Yoga
- Beat-it retro Zuma
- Jump! Step
Channel your inner Olivia Newton John. Come ready to sweat in lycra. Leg warmers are a must! We will have an 80’s costume contest with your chance to win retro designer frames from The Eye Spot a one-hour massage, personal training from Centre Club and more prizes being confirmed daily.
- WIN! All registered attendees will be entered to win an Anita Extreme Control Sports Bra in their choice of size and color from SupporteDD
- The Runners Edge will be onsite giving gait checks and customized sizing and recommendations for running shoes. Stop by and you could WIN! A bag with $80 worth of running accessories.
- The first 40 people registered will receive a FunFlector from glimling, who will also be on site to talk about being seen at night.
- Emily Guild, Physical Therapist, will be present to provide women’s health, physical therapy (pelvic floor) consultations and orthopedic screenings.
- The first 40 people registered will receive vouchers from Bronzed for a Free Custom Spray Tan
- Lumen Optical is providing the first 40 registered people with neon sunglasses to get them in the mood as well as free eye exams, to come get sunglasses you actually can wear at night.
Of course it’s not just about working out, moms just wanna have fun too! We’ll relive our youth playing familiar playground games like Four-Square and Double Dutch. The racquetball courts will be reserved for a rousing game of Dodgeball and we’ll all work on our vogue moves with a little bit of freeze dance powered by the best of the 80’s.
Just added! Soundwave Entertainment will be joining us to spin some epic tunes and get us warmed up with some flashback karaoke.
Add in a photo booth with props, chair massage, giveaways, a DJ spinning classic hits, and the scent of Aqua Net hanging in the air will send you back to your grade school days (or middle school… we won’t tell.)
So come on Eileen (and Roxanne, Billie Jean, Sara) don’t wait for a hero– be your own! Flashback with us for food fitness and fun.
Tickets go on sale Friday December 30 at 3:00 p.m., cost is $20 and includes everything – food, drink, classes, use of the entire Centre club facility and entry into giveaways.
Everyone that comes will go home with totally rad gift bags that include protein bars from KIND snacks to fuel your morning after, a one week pass to Centre Club, and more! Everyone that becomes a Centre Club member that night (or in the week of their free membership) will have their membership fee waived and get all of January FREE.
Tickets are limited!
No excuses! There’s no mix tape for this fun! Limited spots at Centre Club’s child care are available if you pre-register by January 9. Walk-ins are welcome for the event but not for childcare
* some services are limited to the number of participants that can partake due to time constraints. Sign-up sheets will be available at check-in. All activities and services are offered on a first come first serve basis.
Little Lake County reserves the right to photograph and/or videotape program participants. Photos and videos are for Little Lake County’s use and may be used in in stories, Facebook posts, on our website, in promotional material and on any of our social sharing networks. By registering for this event you are agreeing to this and giving permission for your likeness to be used. If you do not wish to be photographed please contact the organizer before registering for the event.